These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Sunny Eggs with Asian Greens
From Stones River Market
<p>Asian greens have appeared on the Market but this can be made with other greens as well. We almost always have eggs.</p>Source: Yummly and Clean Eating (http://www.yummly.com/recipe/external/Sunny-Eggs-with-Asian-Greens-490156) (Entered by John Erdmann)
Serves: Serves 2
Step by Step Instructions
- In a nonstick wok or large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tsp coconut oil on medium-high. Add garlic, greens and ginger and sauté, stirring constantly, until garlic and ginger are fragrant and greens are wilted. Remove from heat and divide among serving bowls. Drizzle with tamari and sesame oil, dividing evenly.
- Return wok to medium-high heat and add remaining 1/2 tsp coconut oil. Crack eggs into a small bowl and gently slide eggs into wok. Cook until bottoms are golden brown and whites are just firm and opaque throughout and yolks are runny.
- With a spatula, gently slide eggs over top of greens, dividing evenly. If desired, top with Sriracha and pepper, to taste.
- (TIP: Try any of these in any combination: dandelion greens, spinach, kale, collard greens, bok choy, Swiss chard and arugula.)
- (TIP: If you have 1 to 2 cups leftover whole grains or pasta on hand, feel free to heat them up and toss them into your bowls before you add the greens for an extra hearty treat!)
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings