These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Spinach Salad with Warm Tempeh Peanut Sauce
From Suncoast Co-op
<p>I was trying to figure out what I could do which would be quick but I also wanted something warm so I decided to make up an untraditional spinach salad but I needed a dressing. I was leaning towards something asian so I decided on making a peanut sauce and because I had tempeh on hand I added it to give me some protein.</p>Source: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/thai-style-peanut-sauce-with-honey/ (Entered by Deborah Jimenez)
Step by Step Instructions
- On low to medium low heat in a non stick pan or pot add 1TBSP coconut oil and lightly saute cooled diced or crumbled tempeh (previously steamed/boiled).
- When tempeh is lightly brown, add the above ingredients and slowly stir until all the ingrediets are mixed and lightly simmer for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to infuse the tempeh.
- If the sauce seems to thick you can thin it down with coconut milk or water.
- Set sauce aside and let to become warm.
- Make your salad and then pour the warm sauce over the salad and lightly toss. Add a few more gabanzo, strips of peppers, dried cherries for color and appearance.
- Make your salad and then pour the warm sauce over the salad and lightly toss.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings