These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Daikon Radish Cakes
<p>Oh, these are good, altho a bit of a deviation from the normal palatte.</p>Source: vanilla-and-spice.com (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Step by Step Instructions
- Place grated daikon and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the radish and cooking water and stir to form a dough.
- Transfer dough to a greased 8x8 pan and press down with a spatula to smooth the top (the dough should be about ½ inch high and will only fill about two-thirds of the pan).
- Place the baking pan in a steamer and steam for 35-45 minutes. Remove the dough from the pan and slice into squares.
- Heat about 1-2 tsp vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Transfer squares to the skillet and sauté for about 3-4 minutes per side, until they are lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
- Coble together a steamer: Put about an inch of water at the bottom of deep, wide wok, and set the 8x8 pan inside that. Cover with lid and bring to boil.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings