These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
<p>This is a mildly-adapted recipe from a great friend. It is superb! And quite a twist from traditional chili.</p>Source: Suzanne S-C (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Step by Step Instructions
- Roast Anaheim peppers under broiler, turning until all sides blackened. Wearing rubber gloves, peel off skins, remove top and seeds. Chop.
- Sauté onions and garlic in oil until soft.
- Add chilies and remaining ingredients in order. Simmer lightly for 30-45 min minimum.
- Serve w/ cornbread or topped w/ crushed tortillas.
- A dollop of Sour Supreme (Tofutti) and/or avocado slices add extra panache.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings