These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Poached Eggs Over Sautéed Greens
From Stones River Market
<p>Enjoy vegetables for breakfast! In many parts of the world vegetables are a regular part of a healthy breakfast.</p>Source: the world's healthies foods (http://www.whfoods.com) (Entered by John Erdmann)
Serves: Serves 4
Step by Step Instructions
- Slice leeks and garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes
- Bring water and vinegar to a fast simmer in a skillet large enough to fit eggs. Make sure there is enough water to cover eggs.
- While water is coming to a simmer, heat 3 TBS broth in a separate stainless steel 10-12 inch skillet. Sauté sliced leeks in broth over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Add garlic slices and continue to sauté, stirring constantly for another minute.
- Add kale, broth, and lemon juice, and simmer covered on medium low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When done season with salt and pepper.
- Poach eggs until desired doneness. This will take about 5 minutes, or just until the white is set and the yolk has filmed over. Remove from vinegar water with a slotted spoon and place on top of greens.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings