These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
"Copper Penny" Carrots
From A Sprouts Life
This is a favorite recipe shared with the Sandy Run Ruritan Club. Always very popular and a great way to eat your carrots!</p>Source: Sandy Run Ruritans (Entered by Joey Stevens)
Serves: Serves 6
Step by Step Instructions
- Combine first seven ingredients in a sauce pan and heat,(marinade)stirring until well blended; set aside to cool.
- Peel and slice carrots about 1/4 inch thick slices. Boil carrots in medium saucepan until tender, but not soft! Drain weel.
- Slice bell pepper and onion into rings or thin strips.
- Use a large glass jar with lid or a glass bowl. Alternate layers of carrot slices, bell pepper, and onion.
- Pour marinade over vegetables, cover bowl tight with saran wrap or put lid on jar and refrigerate. Stores well for up to 1 week. Stir weel before serving.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings