These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Shake & Bake Sweet Potatoes
From Stones River Market
<p>The recipe comes from Chef Jenny showcasing sweet potatoes and her Seeds of Success.</p>Source: JENuineHealth by Jenny Drake (Entered by John Erdmann)
Serves: Serves 4
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Put the potatoes in a bowl. Pour the olive oil on top of the potatoes. Shake the bowl to coat the sweet potatoes.
- Place the potatoes, skins down, on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Sprinkle paprika, salt, and pepper on the potatoes.
- Bake and check after 15 minutes for tenderness. They may need 5 more minutes, depending on the thickness.
- If you want the sweet potatoes crispy, broil them for 3 - 4 minutes. Set a timer, so they do not burn.
- Top the sweet potatoes with Seeds of Success: Pumpkin Spice flavor or Sweet & Salty.
- Recipe Tips 1. You can dip these sweet potatoes in a mixture of Ranch dressing and chipotle Tabasco seasoning. 2. You can enjoy these potatoes for lunch with a kale salad or a sandwich. 3. You can serve Shake & Bake Sweet Potatoes hot or at room temperature.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings