These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Farm Where Life is Good
<p>I have gone nutty with my newly acquired 2014 hashbrown iron. Summer squash is just the next in line to fall to its clutches. Mmmmm good.</p>Source: 5dollardinners.com (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
1 lb red potatoes, grated
1 yellow squash, grated
1 zucchini, grated
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp seasoned salt (see make-it-yourself options in recipe list)
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
Step by Step Instructions
- If you have a food processor, run the potatoes, yellow squash, zucchini, onion, and garlic through it on the grate setting. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a box grater to grate the vegetables.
- Squeeze the excess moisture from the vegetables. (Removing the liquid is essential to making crispy hash browns).
- Add the seasoned salt and pepper to the vegetables and stir to thoroughly combine.
- If you have a waffle iron, you can try cooking the grated vegetables in it. Brush or spray with oil. Place 1/2 cup of grated veggies over each square on the waffle maker. Spread evenly over the bottom of the waffle maker, lock the lid down, and cook for 8 – 10 minutes or until the hash browns are crispy and cooked through.
- If not: Add oil to a largest skillet you have. Spread the hash brown mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan. Cook over a medium high flame until the bottom is crispy, approximately 4 – 6 minutes. Then flip and cook until the other side is crispy, approximately 4 – 6 minutes.
- Are you thinking what I’m thinking? Carrots, beets, eggplant?!? The possibilities for sneaking veggies into breakfast are endless!
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings