This weblog contains LocallyGrown.net news and the weblog entries from all the markets currently using the system.
To visit the authoring market’s website, click on the market name located in the entry’s title.
Statesboro Market2Go: The market is open!!
Northeast GA Locally Grown: Northeast Georgia Locallygrown availability list
Hey Local Food Lovers,
Look for you favorite foods in the market this week.
Also remember that tomorrow, June 1,is the 2nd annual Soque River Festival, from 9am – 3am. Fun for the entire family featuring local food, live music, and kids events. For more information and to register to paddle, check www.soque.org
goMarketNC: Anonymous feedback link...
Hey everyone, I asked for anonymous customer feedback in that last email and made the form so anonymous that I forgot the link!
Here it is:
Thanks everyone for supporting our awesome local farmers! Your feedback helps me help them!
Local Farms First: Get Five Dollars Off Your Next Order!!
Greetings local food lovers!
Summer Time BBQ and $5 Savings!!
Did you know if you refer a friend to order from Local Farms First you can get $5 off your next order!! There is no limit to how many times you can refer a friend, so tell someone about Local Farms First and save some money on your next order!!
This summertime weather is perfect for a grill out!! Tomichi Creek Natural Beef offers local meat that is fresh for the grill this week! Order their local grass fed beef and enjoy burgers on the BBQ!! This beautiful weather is perfect to spend meal time outside!! Order today!!
Thanks for supporting local family farms,
LocalFarmsFirst.org – a 501c3 non-profit
click here to start shopping on the website:
goMarketNC: New farms, new food and a NEW pickup location!
I had an amazing dinner last night with some jalapeno cheddar turkey burgers smothered in Sweet Beet City Farm’s newly available spicy micro-greens and cheese from the Cultured Cow (who has a new smoked cheese available link ).
I mentioned last week that we have some new farms that joined up including Chickcharney Farm! They have whole chickens to complement what’s already available through Breezy Oaks Farm.
And the exciting new news is that we have a new temporary pickup location available for those that can’t make it to Locopops on Thursday evenings. Starting this week, if you can’t pick up your order by 6:30 at Locopops, you can pick up your order 7pm-8:30pm at 2515 Otis St. (my house!). I can also hold orders until noon the next day (an option a couple of you have already used!). If you wish to use this option, please leave a comment on your order.
Viva la food revolution!
PS. If you have any items you’re looking for or farms you’d like to see featured, shoot me an email! Or fill out our anonymous customer feedback form:
Spa City Local Farm Market Co-op: Just a reminder -
Today is market pick up day, so please plan to pick your order between 3:30 and 5:30. Thanks to Huey Grandstaff for stepping up to volunteer at the last minute.
And speaking of thanks, a shout-out to thank Denise Marion, who not only organized the Eday celebration on May 19th but set up and took down the co-op’s booth, and to Doc Jody for manning the booth.
Augusta Locally Grown: THE ON-LINE MARKET IS OPEN AT AUGUSTA LOCALLY GROWN!
EVANS TOWNE FARMERS MARKET EXTENDED THROUGH OCT 24!
We are pleased to announce the extension of the Evans Towne Farmers Market through October 24!! The Evans Towne Farmers Market is held every Thursday, 4:30pm-7pm, behind the Columbia County Library. In order to keep this market viable and vibrant, we hope the community will continue to come out in full support. The following needs are real and pressing. Your help will truly help make this a sustainable venue in the long run. Contact email@example.com if you can help!!!
• COOKING DEMO VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: We want to offer a healthy cooking demo at the Evans Towne Farmers Market EVERY Thursday. ALG will supply the ingredients, the sound system and the make-shift outdoor kitchen. We need talented, dynamic volunteers to do demos each week. Time: 5:15pm-6pm.
• MUSICIAN VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: We enjoyed the talents and generosity of many volunteer musicians during our first four months, and now we need to fill slots for the next four months. ALG provides the tent and electrical cord. Musicians are encouraged to put out a tip jar. Time is 4:30pm-7pm.
• KIDS FITNESS DEMO VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: We plan to start a new Kids Fitness Demo each week, drawing on local sport groups and fitness groups. ALG will supply the staging area and a sound system. Time is 6pm-6:30pm.
• SET-UP VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: We hope that community groups will commit to a week of set-up help. Community groups may put up a tent to promote their own missions after they help with set up. Set up volunteers will work with our newly appointed “Market Satisfaction Coordinator,” the ever-awesome Carly McClellan! Set Up Time is 2pm-4:30pm.
• WEEKLY SPONSORS NEEDED: Local business owners: please consider becoming a “Weekly Sponsor” of the Evans Towne Farmers Market. For a sponsorship of $150, the business or group sets the theme for the day and hosts the Sponsor tent. A sponsor may sell and promote their business that day at the market. We also promote you via our website and Facebook. See evanstownefarmersmarket.com for more info.
• COMMUNITY OUTREACH: We need help marketing in YOUR specific neighborhoods. Can we list the farmers market in your HOA newsletter? Can we come talk with your church or social group about buying local, seasonal foods? Is there a way to involve your neighborhood in a way that would be fun for them? Let us know!
OTHER NEWS AT THE EVANS TOWNE FARMERS MARKET:
The Augusta District Dietetic Association will be at the market this Thursday, June 6, for a cooking demo featuring summer squash. Thank you ADDA!!
“Stuffed Puppies,” a prepared food vendor already popular at the Augusta Saturday Market, will join us in June.
“Crums on Central” food truck, of Augusta, plans to begin with us in mid-June.
“Houston Berry and Veggie Farm” of Keysville, GA, will join us in June.
CAMP VEGGIE TRUCK:
Augusta Locally Grown will partner with the Veggie Truck Team and students from GRU School of Medicine to host “Camp Veggie Truck,” on five consecutive Tuesdays in June and July. Camp Veggie Truck will focus on cooking with local, seasonal, whole foods as well as veggie gardening and other wellness activities. Your donations through the ALG on-line market will help purchase kid-friendly cooking supplies.
SEE YOU AT THE MARKETS ON TUESDAYS AND/OR THURSDAY!
McColloms Market: June FFFN Order is Open
The order is now open. In order to give our growers enough time to get the orders picked, I will be closing the market at noon on Monday, June 3rd. Remember, pick up this month will be on Tuesday, June 4th from 4:30 – 6:45 pm at 103 Helen St. in Saranac Lake.
If you have any questions, please give me a call at: 518-418-9236.
Thanks so much. Hope to see you next week.
PS – This will be the last order until September.
Conway, AR: CLG Pickup TODAY! Bring glass jars, please! 4-6pm
This is a pickup reminder for those of you who ordered this week. Thank you for your order. You can pick up your order from 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. today at Saint Peter’s Episcopal Church at 925 Mitchell Street in Conway.
Remember to bring your glass jars for recycling, egg cartons, and bags for ordered items. Reduce, reuse, recycle! See you this afternoon. Have a great day!
Suwanee Whole Life Co-op: Market is OPEN for ordering
The market is now open for ordering!
Please make sure you get a confirmation email after you order. If you do not receive one immediately after you placed your order, then your items are still in your cart and your order is not complete.
Thank you and have a wonderful weekend!